Saturday 26 February 2011

Medicine in Society: a complex mix

I had the honour of giving my inaugral lecture as Professor of Medicine in Society on January 18th 2011 at Warwick Medical School, University of Warwick. During the lecture I reflected on how the artificial culture project differs from the research I do most of the time on health and health care. Much of my research is enmeshed with its locality and time, whatever the extent of the locality and however long the time. The artificial culture project attempts to step outside the constraints of time and locality in building a robot society. Full text to follow.

1 comments:

Alan Winfield said...

I'm delighted Frances that you have published your full lecture on your (new) blog. I have a few friends who will be interested to read it, and have RT's your tweet so they get the link.

Great point also about the CC licence. This is something that hasn't occurred to me to think about, but clearly I should!

Post a Comment